About the Role
The mission of Costing and Analytics is to enable better financial management practices and decision-making for the benefit of our shareholders, business partners, and team members through insightful financial leadership across organisation. Enterprise Costing is leading a program of enhancements to Costing at our clients organisation. These enhancements will address all regulatory, legal entity, and business needs through one coordinated and simplified costing approach that will enable both service providers and service receivers to have insights into and actively manage their costs.
- FRM5 is a key leader who will head the Costing group at EGS consisting of processes International Costing, Cost Consulting, Transfer Pricing, Reg W Reporting, Projects etc.
- Should be conversant with activities of Front Office and Middle Office activities and also should be able to understand, asses the data flow between various systems and sub-systems used in a typical Costing environment
- Has accountability for units' financial and operational performance
- Will manage medium to large operation with multiple units and/or multiple sites, taking a leadership role in the group, area or function
- Should be conversant with latest costing methodologies including identifying drivers for allocating Indirect costs. Exposure to Costing P&L, Cost Sheets, and Cost Allocations will be preferred.
- Will be a subject matter expert wherein expectation is to lead a set of frontline managers, SMEs and specialists.
- This role will be responsible to manage day-to-day operations, ensure governance including MBRs, QBRs etc. Will be responsible to deliver on all agreed SLAs and key metrics and will be the SPOC for the functional owner from the finance COE.
- Will be responsible to drive automation and be able to identify other transformational ideas to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Will also be responsible for managing, reporting, career path and R&R related activities for their DR's and also lead/engage and deliver towards organization level initiatives
- CA / CMA / CFA /or MBA (finance) from reputed institutions Demonstrated relationship management ability with a background in operations and technologies.
- 16+ years of professional experience in operations or information technology.
- 8+years of operational experience in a GIC or a third party services organization and in managing F&A processes of at least 50-100+ FTE size, (preferably BFSI Finance processes)
- Knowledge of software development process and methodologies
- Undergraduate degree in technology, MIS, business or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong and effective interpersonal communication (written and oral), organizational, and customer service skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of contacts/relationships, including executive/senior-level managers.
- Preferable to have prior experience in F&A solution design / transitions (2-3 years)
- Should have mandatory exposure to US GAAP
- Exposure to IFRS would be an added plus
- Prior financial services industry experience specific to Costing and in the area of Finance
- Experience in moving an organization along operational maturity model curve
- Knowledge of Risks, policies and guidelines and risk data aggregation methodologies for reporting and decision support
- Prior exposure to cost drivers, allocation methodologies, reconciliation of processes and correction mechanisms.